Sweet & spicy peanut chicken with broccoli and bell peppers roasted on a sheet pan. This delicious concoction is then served over soba noodles which are tossed in the same addictive peanut sauce that coats the chicken. Absolutely one of our very favorite meals. On top of being incredibly tasty it is quick and easy enough for busy weeknights.
Sheet pan dinners are wonderful for nights when dinner needs to be easy. I rotate through several including my chicken, potato and green bean. Once the food is prepped the oven takes care of dinner and happily there is minimal clean-up later. Score!
We were traveling years ago and ordered an appetizer with a peanut dipping sauce. I loved it! The idea of using the same flavors in a main dish was intriguing. The creamy peanut butter is certainly the star of the sauce; a mixture of sweet, tangy, salty and a little spicy.
While the peanut sauce was a huge hit we also loved the soba noodles; also known as buckwheat noodles. Several varieties of KA*ME Asian noodles are available in the Ethnic section of our local grocery store. Finally a great excuse to try them. So convenient and perfect in this dish! However any long pasta noodle would be fine. As long as that noodle is hot and coated with this delicious peanut sauce you can’t really go wrong.
You will start by mixing together the peanut sauce and stirring until smooth. I usually add a little extra Sriracha as we like spicy. Reserve half the peanut sauce to serve mixed with the noodles and combine the remaining half with the chicken. Spread the coated chicken on the sheet pan followed by the broccoli and sweet bell pepper.
Sprinkle with black pepper and a drizzle of olive oil and one last mix of all the ingredients. Then into the oven for 25 minutes. So easy!
Prep your soba noodle or other noodle of choice. While the noodles are hot mix with reserved peanut sauce.
When the chicken is cooked and the broccoli is roasted remove from oven and drizzle with fresh lime juice. Plate the noodles and top with the chicken broccoli mixture. Serve with roasted peanuts and sliced green onions if desired.
All that is left is to dig in! This is one big plate of delicious flavor.
Peanut Chicken Sheet-Pan Dinner
- ¼ cup creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp Sriracha
- ½ pound boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2-3 cups fresh broccoli florets
- ½-¾ cup thinly-sliced sweet bell pepper red, orange or yellow bell pepper
- Fresh ground black pepper
- olive oil
- Fresh lime, chopped peanuts diagonally sliced green onions, if desired
- soba noodles or your choice of noodle
- Heat oven to 400°F. Spray 15x10x1-inch pan with cooking spray.
- In bowl, combine peanut butter, milk, soy sauce, vinegar, ginger, Sriracha sauce, brown sugar and garlic using whisk.
- Reserve half of sauce to serve with finished dinner.
- Add chicken to bowl; toss to coat. Alternatively you can spoon the mixture over the chicken once the the chicken is on the sheet pan.
- Spoon chicken mixture evenly onto sheet pan. Add broccoli and red peppers. Sprinkle everything with black pepper then drizzle with olive oil. Mix everything together then spread evenly on the sheet pan.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until chicken is tender and no longer pink in center and broccoli is crisp-tender.
- While the chicken is baking prep the noodles. Microwave the reserved peanut sauce for about a minute until hot. Add peanut sauce to the noodles and toss until noodles are covered with sauce.
- Pull sheet pan. Stir gently before serving. Squeeze lime over chicken and broccoli. Plate noodles and spoon chicken mixture over noodles. Garnish servings with remaining ingredients. Serve immediately.