Sheet pan parmesan pesto chicken is a healthy, easy, and delicious dinner. Tender chicken and healthy veggies are coated with rich, sharp parmesan cheese and the bright flavor of basil pesto.
I have discussed my love of sheet pan dinners many times. When I come home on a workday I want a delicious, satisfying meal ready in less than an hour. You also have the added bonus of minimal cleanup.
We have been fans of one-pan meals since I first tried this peanut chicken sheet pan dinner. The flavor combinations are simply endless. They make a regular appearance on the weekly dinner menus.
Chicken breast: We are using boneless, skinless chicken breast. Chicken thighs would also work.
Potatoes: I have used both red potatoes and Russet potatoes and either is a great choice. I adore potatoes in any form, but they are especially wonderful when roasted. They get crispy on the outside and tender on the inside.
Broccoli: One of my favorite veggies. We eat broccoli several times a week as we both absolutely love it.
Carrots: Add a nice touch of sweetness to the dish.
Parmesan Cheese: Parmesan is super flavorful and adds a sharp, salty flavor.
Basil Pesto: I used a prepared, jarred pesto. A homemade version would also work great.
Dry Ranch Seasoning: Yup, those ranch seasoning packets everyone uses to make spinach dip have other uses! It adds a great pop of flavor.
Garlic: Fresh garlic becomes aromatic and delicious when roasted.
Spicy Brown Mustard: Adds another element of flavor.
Chili Powder: Provides some nice color and another depth of flavor.
Pepper: A little freshly ground black pepper adds a nice finishing touch. I don’t find a need for salt as the parmesan cheese, ranch seasoning, and pesto all contain sodium.
Start by preheating your oven and prepping your sheet pan. Combine the pesto, ranch seasoning mix, garlic, mustard, chili powder, and pepper.
The potatoes take longer to roast than the chicken and other veggies, so they are the first to go in the oven. Chop the potatoes into small bite-sized pieces. Toss together the chopped potatoes and a tablespoon of the pesto mixture that you just combined. Spread on a sheet pan and roast for 20 minutes.
While the potatoes are roasting, prep the chicken, broccoli, and carrots. Add the chicken and veggies to the bowl with the pesto mixture and stir to combine and coat all the ingredients.
Pull the potatoes from the oven and give them a stir. Add the chicken and veggies and stir to evenly combine the ingredients in a single layer on the sheet pan.
Bake for 15 minutes then sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Bake for another five minutes.
Plate and serve immediately.
For a delicious, easy meal everyone will love, try this sheet pan parmesan pesto chicken!
Sheet Pan Parmesan Pesto Chicken
Chicken & Vegetables
- 1 large chicken breast cut into bite-sized chunks
- 2 small potatoes peeling if desired and chopped into small chunks
- 2 cups broccoli chopped into small florets
- ½ cup carrots thinly sliced
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 2 Tbsp basil pesto
- 1 tsp ranch dry seasoning mix
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 tsp spicy brown mustard
- ½ tsp chili powder
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400℉.
- Whisk together all the pesto seasoning ingredients in a large bowl.
- Lightly spray a large baking sheet with cooking spray. Add potato chunks and 1 Tbsp of the pesto seasoning. Toss until evenly combined then spread in a single layer. Roast potatoes for 20 minutes depending on size.
- In the meantime, chop your chicken and other veggies. Add the chicken, broccoli, and carrots to the bowl with the pesto seasoning and stir until evenly coated.
- Remove pan from oven. Add coated chicken, broccoli, and carrots and spread everything into a single layer.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Remove pan from oven and evenly sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Return to oven and bake 5 additional minutes until chicken is cooked through, and vegetables are tender. Serve immediately.