Quick, easy, and loaded with flavor, this sheet pan chicken sausage & veggies recipe is an awesome dinner. You have your protein, lots of vegetables, and the starchy wonderfulness of roasted potatoes.
Chicken sausage: Fully cooked sausage is sliced and gets beautifully browned on the sheet pan alongside the vegetables. I used Gilbert’s Bourbon Apple.
Broccoli: One of my all-time favorite veggies made even better by roasting.
Red Pepper: Adds great color and flavor.
Potatoes: Either white or red potatoes are excellent. I had Russet potatoes on hand.
Rosemary & Thyme: The best spices for chicken and also wonderful with potatoes. Fresh if you have available other dried herbs are fine.
Garlic Powder: Quick and easy and no burning bits of fresh garlic on the bottom of the sheet pan.
Red Pepper Flakes: For a bit of heat; add more if you like spice.
Start with your potatoes. If you are absolutely opposed to potatoes in the microwave you will add your bite-sized potato pieces to the sheet pan and roast for 15 minutes. Potatoes take longer to get tender and need more roasting time.
I take my scrubbed potatoes and microwave for a few minutes until the potatoes are starting to get tender. The potatoes are then chopped into bite-sized pieces and scattered on the sheet pan.
Chop your broccoli and red pepper into bite-sized pieces and scatter on the sheet pan along with the potatoes.
Chop chicken sausage and add to sheet pan.
If using fresh herbs, give your rosemary and thyme a rough chop, then sprinkle over the sausage and vegetable mixture along with garlic powder, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper.
Sprinkle the entire mixture with olive oil and mix thoroughly to ensure sausage and vegetables are evenly coated.
Roast for 25 minutes until vegetables are tender and roasted.
Sheet pan chicken sausage and veggies; a quick, easy, healthy, complete meal with minimal clean-up!
If you love sheet pan dinners like I do be sure to try this peanut chicken version!
Sheet Pan Chicken Sausage & Veggies
- 2 medium red or white potatoes chopped into small bite-sized pieces
- 1 red bell pepper chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 2 cup broccoli florets
- 3 links of chicken Sausage sliced
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 1 tsp thyme
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400℉
- Cover a large sheet pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Roast the potatoes for 15 minutes. Alternatively, you can microwave the potatoes for 3-4 minutes. This gives them a head start as they take longer to roast.
- Coarsely chop the red bell pepper and broccoli into bite-sized pieces.
- Slice the sausage into bite-sized pieces.
- Put all the veggies and sausage on the sheet pan with the carrots and potatoes.
- Chop the rosemary and thyme and sprinkle over the sausage and vegetable mixture.
- Sprinkle with garlic powder, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. Pour olive oil over entire mixture and thoroughly toss to coat.
- Place sheet pan in the oven and roast for 25 minutes until vegetable are roasted and tender.