Sheet pan garlic parmesan chicken and vegetables, another quick, easy, one-pan meal.
What’s not to love about sheet pan dinners?
Easy: All the ingredients get prepped and baked together on a single sheet pan.
Quick: A complete meal, baked in the oven, in under an hour.
One-pan: Clean up after dinner is minimal, because who wants to deal with a sink of dishes every night?
All the flavor: Garlic and parmesan are both heavy-hitters in the flavor department. You don’t need a long, intimidating list of ingredients to end up with a tasty meal.
Chicken Breast: One large chicken breast is a good amount for two people. Chicken thighs also work.
Broccoli: We eat roasted broccoli on the regular. It’s one of our favorite vegetables and the roasting process takes it to another level.
Potatoes: Either regular potatoes cut into small pieces or baby potatoes halved or quartered work well for this recipe.
Red Onion: Red onions and potatoes are so good together. I love the flavor a few strips of onion add to a sheet pan dinner.
Garlic: Potatoes, onions, and garlic is the perfect trio of flavor.
Olive Oil: I always use olive oil to roast vegetables. Also, the perfect oil with garlic and parmesan.
Salt & Pepper: Salt is a must with potatoes. Both bring out all the wonderful flavors of the ingredients.
Onion Powder: A easy way to add more flavor.
Paprika: A hint of paprika adds nice color to the dish.
Red Pepper Flakes: A hint of heat. We like spice, so I tend to be a little heavy-handed with red pepper flakes.
Parmesan Cheese: One of the most flavorful cheeses out there. A fresh block of parm in your refrigerator lasts a long time and makes everything yummy. Goes perfectly with every other ingredient in the recipe.
Start by getting your oven started and spraying a sheet pan with cooking spray.
The potatoes take longer to roast than broccoli and chicken, so I microwave the potatoes for 3-4 minutes until starting to get tender. If you are absolutely anti microwaving potatoes, I would recommend giving the potatoes at 15-20 minutes head start to assure they are tender and roasted along with chicken and broccoli.
Once the potatoes are prepped, add the broccoli and chicken to the pan. Spread everything out evenly. Sprinkle with garlic, salt, pepper, onion powder, and paprika. If you like a little heat, and my answer is always yes, add a hefty shake of red pepper flakes.
Drizzle everything with olive oil and use your hands to mix. Make sure all the ingredients are coated with oil and spices.
Bake for 25 minutes until the chicken is done, and the veggies are roasted and tender. Sprinkle immediately with freshly grated parmesan cheese.
Enjoy! This garlic parmesan chicken and vegetable sheet pan should definitely be in your easy-dinner rotation.
Sheet Pan Garlic Parmesan Chicken and Vegetables
- 1 chicken breast medium to large size, cut into bite-sized piece
- 2 cups broccoli chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 2 medium potatoes or 8-10 baby potatoes chopped into bite-sized pieces
- ½ cup red onion thinly sliced into strips
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes optional
- 2 Tbsp parmesan cheese freshly grated
- Preheat oven to 400˚F. Prep a sheet pan with cooking spray.
- Cut broccoli and potatoes into small pieces and scatter them in one layer on the sheet tray. (I microwave the potatoes until somewhat tender before cutting them up.) Scatter the red onion among the broccoli and potatoes
- Chop the chicken breast and spread evenly among the vegetables. Sprinkle the minced garlic over the rest of the ingredients.
- Sprinkle all the spices evenly over the veggies and chicken. Drizzle everything with olive oil.
- Lightly mix the veggies on the pan with your hands to coat with the spices.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Grate fresh parmesan evenly over the chicken and vegetables. Plate and serve immediately.