Asian glazed roasted Brussels sprouts are sweet, spicy, and downright delicious! They have quickly become one of my favorite sides to serve.
Husband was never a fan of Brussels sprouts. He is nice enough to eat them, but it was obvious he would prefer, well, practically any other side vegetable.
Then I made this recipe. I never thought I would use the word rave with sprouts, but here we are!
The glaze is just downright scrumptious. The perfect mix of sweet and spicy.
Brussels Sprouts: Select bright green, firm sprouts.
Low-Sodium Soy Sauce: I always use low sodium and this is a good choice in the recipe as there is plenty of salt in the other glaze ingredients.
Red Chili Paste: Available in the Ethnic/Asian section of the supermarket. Thick, rich, sweet, and a little spicy. I always have a jar on hand.
Honey: Honey makes the glaze wonderfully sticky and sweet.
Hoisin Sauce: This savory, salty sauce adds great Asian flavor.
Sesame Oil: Drizzled over the spouts to keep them moist during the roasting process. I love the authentic flavor of sesame oil. Olive oil could be substituted.
After preheating your oven, line a sheet pan with parchment paper. I definitely recommend this step. Not only does it ease the clean-up process, but it also allows you to easily scoop up all that luscious glaze. No flavor left behind. 🙂
A pound of Brussels spouts fit nicely on a quarter sheet pan.
Combine the soy sauce, red chili paste, honey, and hoisin sauce in a large bowl. Stir to thoroughly combine.
Next, prep your Brussels sprouts. Trim off the stem ends and remove any discolored or yellowed outer leaves. Chop the sprouts in half.
Add the sprouts to the bowl with the glaze ingredients and stir until the Brussels sprouts are totally coated with glaze. Dump the sprouts in your prepped sheet pan and stir again if necessary.
Roast for 30 minutes until the sprouts are tender and golden.
Plate and serve immediately. We love these Asian glazed roasted Brussels sprouts with a variety of main entrees. It was perfect with pan-fried chicken cutlets and a baked potato.
These tasty sprouts were also wonderful with roast chicken and potatoes with gravy.
Recipe adapted from sweet & spicy Brussels sprouts found on HowSweetEats.
Asian Glazed Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts stems removed and sliced in half
- 2 Tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp red chili paste heaping
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp hoisin sauce
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- Preheat the oven to 425℉. Line a quarter sheet pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the soy sauce, chili garlic paste, honey, and hoisin sauce until combined.
- Add the halved sprouts to the bowl with the sauce. Stir and thoroughly coat the Brussels sprouts with the sauce.
- Dump the coated Brussels sprouts on the prepped sheet pan. Drizzle with sesame oil and stir once more.
- Roast for 30 minutes, or until the Brussels spouts are tender and golden.