Turkey broccoli casserole with cauliflower rice is a satisfying and delicious complete meal.
Yes, this casserole happens to be low in carbs. But I have never been the least bit tempted to cut out carbs. Life without bread, pasta, and rice doesn’t interest me in the least. Carbohydrates are energy our bodies need to function.
I can promise you will not miss the carbs in this casserole. Turkey sausage, eggs, and two kinds of cheese give the dish substance and flavor. It is also packed with lots of colorful, powerhouse veggies. A scrumptious, filling and healthy dinner!
Turkey Sausage: Any mild or hot turkey sausage works great.
Onion & Bell Pepper: Add great texture and color to the dish.
Broccoli: Broccoli is one of our favorite veggies! We literally go through a big bag every week.
Garlic: Adds a nice pop of flavor.
Cheddar Cheese: Super flavorful cheddar cheese goes so well with vegetables. I keep meaning to get broccoli cheddar soup back on the menu. 🙂
Cream Cheese: Makes the casserole rich, creamy, and delicious.
Eggs: Gives the casserole structure and added richness and flavor.
Salt & Black Pepper: Amps up all the great flavors.
Start by browning the sausage in a large skillet along with the onions, peppers, and broccoli. Break up the sausage into bite-sized pieces as it cooks. Once the turkey sausage is cooked through and the veggies are getting tender, add the garlic and stir for one minute.
Meanwhile, prep your cauliflower rice. Follow the package instructions to prepare. Typically, you will microwave the package for about four minutes.
Combine the cauliflower with the sausage and vegetable mixture. Add most of the cheddar cheese, cream cheese, and eggs, along with salt and pepper. Stir until everything is well combined.
At this point, it looks a little soupy thanks to the beaten egg and moisture from the riced cauliflower. The casserole will firm up nicely while baking in the oven.
Pour the mixture into a casserole dish and sprinkle with a little more cheddar cheese.
After 30 minutes in the oven, the casserole will be set and the cheese will be melted and a little browned on top. Turkey broccoli casserole with cauliflower rice is a wonderful dinner everyone will enjoy.
Turkey Broccoli Casserole with Caulflower Rice
- ½ pound turkey sausage
- ½ cup red onion chopped
- ½ cup ripe bell pepper chopped
- 10 ounce bag frozen riced cauliflower
- 1½ cups broccoli chopped
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1½ cups shredded cheddar cheese divided
- 2 ounces cream cheese room temperature, chopped into small pieces
- 2 eggs
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 ℉.
- Add sausage, onion, bell pepper, and broccoli to a skillet and sauté until the sausage is cooked.
- Add garlic and continue to cook for one minute.
- Microwave the frozen rice cauliflower according to package instructions.
- Add the cooked riced cauliflower to a mixing bowl and add sausage mixture.
- Add 1 ¼ cups of cheddar cheese, cream cheese, eggs, salt, and pepper to the bowl. Stir well to combine.
- Pour mixture into a casserole baking dish and top with the remaining cheddar cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes.