An abundance of divine coffee creamer led to these cinnamon vanilla cream muffins.
Never one to wants to waste food, especially ridiculously good food like Chobani coffee creamer. I needed a recipe to use it before it spoiled. I was pretty sure these were going to be a hit with not only the vanilla creamer but sour cream to add even more richness.
They are indeed sweet, rich, and indulgent.
Flour, Baking Powder, Baking Soda & Salt: The basics.
Cinnamon: The warm, luscious flavor of cinnamon is found in the muffin and the crunchy top. Cinnamon and vanilla are perfect together.
Butter: Butter and lots of it. This is a large recipe, so you need nearly two sticks of butter between the muffins and the topping.
Sugar & Brown Sugar: The sweetness.
Eggs: Two whole eggs, plus a yoke. That extra egg white will last a few days refrigerated in an airtight container. Throw it in your weekend frittata.
Sour Cream: Have I mentioned this is a rich, indulgent muffin?
Vanilla Extract: Essential in all baked goods.
Vanilla Coffee Creamer: For that rich vanilla flavor.
Start by preheating your oven. If you have convection as an option, definitely do use it. It makes such a difference in the finished product in achieving a good rise in the muffins.
Next, combine your dry ingredients. Set aside and mix the wet ingredients. This is the time I realize how important soft butter and room temperature eggs are to a baking recipe. Everything combines smoothly without lumps and hard bits of butter.
As I stated, don’t feel like you have to waste that egg white. It will last just fine in the refrigerator for a few days.
Stir in the vanilla extract and vanilla coffee creamer. It will be smooth, luscious, and look like cake batter. I am more than a little tempted to try baking this recipe into a cake!
Combine the crumb topping by mixing the cold butter into the dry ingredients until a coarse crumb mixture forms.
Fill the muffin cups three-quarters full of batter, then sprinkle with crumb mixture. This is a large recipe, making about 20 muffins.
Now the best part
Allow to cool about 10 minutes, then enjoy one of these muffins when they are warm and heavenly.
Cinnamon vanilla cream muffins are truly a sweet, delectable treat. If you are craving sweet, dessert-like muffins, definitely also try these chocolate peanut butter muffins.
Cinnamon Vanilla Cream Muffins
- 2¼ cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¾ tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 12 Tbsp butter ( 1 and ½ sticks) very soft
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 large eggs plus 1 egg yolk at room temperature
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup vanilla coffee creamer
- ¼ cup flour
- 2 Tbsp white sugar
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp cold butter cut into small cubes
- Preheat the oven to 425℉. Use convection option if available.
- Prep your muffin pan or set out silicone muffin cups on the large sheet pan.
- Start by combining the dry ingredients. In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, soda, salt and cinnamon until well combined.
- To a large bowl, beat the butter into the sugar. Add in the eggs and mix thoroughly. Add in the sour cream and vanilla and blend until incorporated.
- Add the dry ingredients and stir gently until just combined.
- Add in the vanilla coffee creamer and mix slowly with a spatula until combined.
- To make the crumb topping, whisk together the flour, sugar and cinnamon. Add in the butter cubes. Using a pastry cutter, a fork, or your fingers to cut the butter into the flour mixture. The mixture should resemble coarse crumbs.
- Using a large cookie scoop, fill the muffin cups ¾ full with batter. Sprinkle evenly with crumb topping.
- Place the pan in the oven and bake for 8 minutes. At the end of 8 minutes, reduce the temperature to 350℉. Do not open the door.
- Bake for an additional 10-12 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool. Enjoy while warm. Can be frozen in an airtight container. Microwave for one minute to thaw.