Super quick, healthy, and made in one skillet, chicken cauliflower fried rice checks all the boxes!
I have lots of weeknight recipes that can be ready to go in 30 minutes. This delicious dish can honestly be ready to go in about 20 minutes. Frozen cauliflower rice makes for super quick meals. This Tex-Mex recipe was my first foray into using frozen cauliflower rice and has become a favorite weeknight dinner.
This complete meal is packed with veggies and contains lean protein. The addition of peanut butter and an egg makes this dish filling and satisfying.
Canola Oil: You will want an oil with a high smoke point as medium to high heat will be used.
Chicken Breasts or Thighs: Either is a good option.
Black Pepper & Salt: Brings out the flavors.
Frozen Cauliflower Rice: You can find it in the freezer section beside the other frozen vegetables. I typically find multiple varieties available such as this one.
Frozen Peas: Peas are a staple in fried rice and add nice flavor and color to this recipe.
Zucchini: Adds texture and more veggies to the dish.
Garlic: Adds savory, pungent flavor.
Low Sodium Soy Sauce: Soy sauce is a staple in stir-fry dishes. I always use low sodium.
Peanut Butter: Adds richness and a subtle sweetness to the recipe. I find peanut butter equally delicious in both sweet and savory recipes.
Sriracha Sauce: Add to taste for spicy flavor.
Egg: Adds richness and texture.
This recipe comes together so quickly. Heat the oil in a large skillet and add the chopped chicken. While you sauté the chicken, collect and prep the other ingredients. I take the opportunity to start thawing the cauliflower rice and shred the zucchini.
Once the chicken is cooked, add the peas, rice, zucchini, and garlic. Sauté, stirring frequently, for a few minutes. Add the soy sauce, peanut butter, and sriracha and stir until combined.
Next, you will push the chicken and cauliflower rice to the side of the skillet. Crack the egg and scramble until the egg is starting to set. Stir the scrambled egg into the rice mixture.
Plate and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Chicken Cauliflower Fried Rice
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast or thighs chopped into bite-sized pieces
- freshly ground black pepper and salt to taste
- 110-ounce bag frozen cauliflower rice thawed
- ½ cup frozen peas
- 1 cup zucchini shredded
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 Tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp peanut butter
- 2 tsp sriracha sauce
- 1 egg
- Heat a large, deep skillet over medium-high heat and add oil.
- Season the boneless, skinless chicken breast with kosher salt and pepper, then place into the hot oil.
- Cook for 4-6 minutes per side, turning occasionally.
- Microwave the bag of cauliflower rice for 3-4 minutes until mostly thawed and warm. Add the frozen peas to the skillet, stir and allow to thaw.
- Add the cauliflower, shredded zucchini, and garlic to the pan. Stir and sauté for 3-5 minutes.
- Add the low sodium soy sauce, peanut butter, and, sriracha sauce to skillet and stir to combine.
- Push the fried chicken cauliflower rice mixture to one side of the skillet and crack the egg into the empty side of the pan and then scramble. Once the eggs are mostly scrambled, break up with a spatula and combine with the rice mixture.
- Serve immediately.