Balsamic parmesan chicken and veggies, the latest sheet pan meal for a quick, easy, delicious dinner.
I am always drawn to recipes with a short, concise ingredient list. When you are using exceptional ingredients like ultra flavorful balsamic glaze and fresh parmesan cheese, you don’t need much else.
Like many of my recipes, this is a great way to use up whatever vegetables you have on hand.
Chicken Breast: I use one large chicken breast for the two of us.
Chopped Veggies: This is where the recipe becomes your own. My favorite combination is potatoes, red peppers, and broccoli. I find this to be a perfect mix of color, texture, and wonderful flavors. Onion is always an excellent addition to sheet pan dinners. Sliced zucchini becomes sweet and tender when roasted.
Parmesan Cheese: Freshly grated parmesan cheese gives a rich, tangy, nutty flavor to the chicken and veggies.
Italian Seasonings: I use a bottle of dried herbs. Italian seasons typically contain basil, oregano, thyme, rosemary, and marjoram. Dried herbs really come to life when combined with balsamic glaze and olive oil.
Garlic Powder: Fresh garlic can easily burn when roasted on a sheet pan. Garlic powder is an easy way to give the dinner that wonderful aroma and flavor.
Red Pepper Flakes: Adds a touch of spicy heat. We love our spice.
Salt & Pepper: Add to taste. I like a healthy dose of freshly ground black pepper.
Balsamic Glaze: Created by cooking down balsamic vinegar until it thickens into a syrup-like consistency. It is thick, rich, tangy, and slightly sweet. I typically find it in the grocery store with the vinegar varieties.
Olive Oil: My favorite oil for roasting.
Preheat the oven and start prepping the ingredients.
If you are using potatoes, and I definitely recommend them, keep in mind they need more time to roast than the chicken and other veggies. A few minutes in the microwave on high is an easy way to give the potatoes a head start. You could also chop your potatoes into bite-sized pieces and give them a 10-minute head start in the oven. Slice the peppers, onions, or zucchini and chop the broccoli into bite-sized pieces.
The next step is the chicken and the rest of the vegetables. You will slice the chicken into several pieces. The chicken breast should stay in thicker slices, so it doesn’t dry out in the roasting process.
Place the chicken on the sheet pan and scatter the veggies around them.
Next, add grated parmesan and sprinkle everything with all the spices. Drizzle the chicken and vegetables with balsamic glaze and olive oil.
Bake for 30 minutes.
Plate yourself a few pieces of chicken and a big haul of vegetables. Balsamic parmesan chicken and veggies will be hit!
Balsamic Parmesan Chicken and Veggies
- 1 large skinless, boneless chicken breast sliced into large strips
- 3 cups chopped vegetables cubed baby potatoes, broccoli, red pepper, onion, and zucchini are all great choices
- ¼ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- ½ tsp Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper or more
- salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste
- ¼ cup balsamic glaze
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400℉. Spray sheet pan lightly with no stick spray.
- Slice the chicken into several large pieces and place on the pan in an even layer.
- Prep the vegetables. If you are using potatoes you will want to add them to the pan for 10 minutes prior to the rest of the ingredients or microwave for a few minutes to ensure they are tender. Thinly slice peppers, onions and zucchini. Broccoli should be chopped into small bite-sized pieces.
- Add the vegetables around the chicken in an even layer. Sprinkle chicken and vegetables with the parmesan cheese, all the spices, salt, and pepper. Drizzle everything with balsamic glaze and olive oil.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until the chicken is no longer pink and the vegetables are fork tender.