A sweet, spicy and tangy sauce makes ground turkey green bean stir-fry a delicious dinner option.
Ground turkey isn’t typically seen in a stir-fry recipe. But I think it works great in this recipe. The ground meat really absorbs the flavors of that tasty sauce.
Cooked rice: We usually have long grain white rice. I also love brown rice.
Fresh Green Beans: I usually trim the ends and cut the longer beans in half.
Sesame oil: Adds great authentic flavor to stir-fry recipes.
Green onion & Garlic: Minced and sautéed in sesame oil to provide immediate flavor in the ground turkey.
Ground Turkey: I use 90% lean ground turkey.
Red Pepper: Gives great color and flavor.
Chili paste: Sometimes called garlic chili paste. Just one teaspoon adds great spicy flavor. I love this variety.
Sweet chili sauce: Adds more spice along with sweetness to the sauce.
Low sodium Soy sauce: Essential to any stir-fry sauce. Low sodium preferred as there is plenty of salt in the other sauce ingredients.
Hoisin sauce: I use Hoisin sauce in all my stir-fry recipes. A rich, thick, sweet, and salty sauce.
Rice vinegar: Adds a tangy flavor to the sauce.
Fish sauce: Made from fermented fish and a staple in Asian cuisine. Adds great authentic flavor.
Fresh Ginger: Ginger is grated in at the end of cooking to add a great brightness to the flavor. Fresh is preferred but use ground ginger if fresh is not available.
Start by cooking your rice in your preferred method. I use my rice cooker. Then wash and trim green beans and steam until desired tenderness. We like the beans to be quite tender; which takes about 10 minutes.
Add chili paste, sweet chili sauce, Hoisin sauce, soy sauce, rice vinegar, and fish sauce to a small bowl and stir well to combine.
Heat a large skillet or wok and add sesame oil. Add green onion and garlic and sauté for two minutes, stirring constantly.
Add ground turkey and red pepper. Break the meat into small chunks as it cooks. Once the turkey is cooked add the sauce and grate in the ginger.
Add green beans and stir, coating the beans with the sauce.
Ground turkey green bean stir-fry is an easy and delicious meal that can be ready in 30 minutes!
If you like chicken stir-fry be sure to try this green bean & red pepper version!
Ground Turkey & Green Bean Stir Fry
- 1 cup medium grain rice cooked
- ½ pound fresh green beans trimmed
- 1½ tsp sesame oil
- 1-2 green onions sliced thin
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ½ pound ground turkey
- ½ cup red pepper thinly sliced or chopped
- 1 tsp chili garlic paste
- 1 Tbsp sweet chili sauce
- 2 Tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce low sodium preferred
- 1 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp fresh ginger grated
- Cook or steam rice.
- Place trimmed green beans in steamer. Steam until desired tenderness.
- In a small bowl prepare the sauce by combing chili garlic paste, sweet chili sauce, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, rice vinegar and fish sauce. Stir to combine.
- Heat a large skillet over high heat. Add sesame oil, and sauté green onions and garlic for about 2 minutes. Stir in ground turkey and sauté 3-5 minutes. Crumble the meat into small pieces as it cooks.
- Give the sauce mixture another stir and add to skillet. Grate in ginger.
- Add green beans and stir to coat with sauce.
- Continue cooking over high heat for a few minutes longer, stirring frequently, until beans are coated with sauce.
- Serve over cooked rice.