I have played around with this recipe a couple times; trying it different ways. While searching for chicken recipes on allrecipes I found this one. With a title like Chicken with Mushrooms I knew I had to try it. We eat a lot of boneless, skinless chicken breasts so I am always up to try something new.
The reviews were good but offered lots of changes in the original recipe; adding and deleting ingredients and changing the preparation. I tried the suggestion to saute the mushrooms and wasn’t thrilled with the final results.
This time I decided to make it pretty much exactly as directed and it turned out great. It was also quick and easy for a good weekend meal. I served it with a baked potato; microwaving the potato for five minutes on high before baking it the rest of the time in the oven with the chicken.
* 1-½ cups Sliced Mushrooms
* 2 Skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
* 1 Eggs, beaten
* ½ cups Seasoned Bread Crumbs
* 1 Tbsp Butter
* 3 ounces Mozzarella Cheese, sliced
* ¼ cups And 2 Tablespoons Chicken Broth Or Wine
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Place half of the mushrooms in a 8×8 inch pan. Dip chicken into beaten eggs, then roll in bread crumbs.
3. In skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Brown both sides of chicken in skillet. Place chicken on top of mushrooms, arrange remaining mushrooms on chicken, and top with mozzarella cheese.
4. Pour wine or broth in the pan and bring to a boil, stirring to free up any flavor bits remaining in the pan from the chicken. Pour the mixture into the pan with the chicken and mushrooms.
4. Bake in preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear.