This recipe sounded too good to be true, but the idea of warm, homemade ciabatta bread made it worth any risk of not turning out. It does take some planning as it needs to set for 8-14 hours, but it couldn’t be easier.
4 cups of all-purpose flour
2 cups of warm water
1 tsp. of salt
1/4 tsp. of granulated yeast (or equivalent)
1. Mix Water & Yeast
2. Add Flour And Salt
3. Stir Into A Heavy Batter
4. Cover with towel and allow to set for 8-14 hours.
5. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
6. Sprinkle pan with flour or butter it.
7. Pour batter onto prepared pan and sprinkle with herbs-I used rosemary and oregano.
8. Bake for approx 30 minutes-allow to rest at least 10 minutes before slicing.
It is really delicious and went perfectly with my homemade Tuscan bean soup.